Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another Stuck Sketch

Yesterday I decided that I would do the June 15 sketch at Stuck Sketches. Mind you it is due in by midnight tonight. And I did it!
I love this photo.  It was inspired by a photography challenge at Home and Scrapped about the season.  It only too 2 months but I finally scrapped it.  It was a beautiful autumn day and as I drove up the driveway after picking the girls up from school just loved how the rose looked against the Japanese Maple - white/pink against the orange/browns.
Luckily it suited this sketch perfectly.  I have also used a great technique from the lovely Mistra at Red Earth Scrapping  on the Dusty Attic chipboard fern.  Love how the fern now has some depth rather than just flat chippy.



Here is a closeup of the fern.

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful flower! Love the layout, the fern looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fern came up a treat Lisette, might need to play with mine now. The treatment works cute on the butterflies as well!! Your LO is so lovely as well... great job!!

    ReplyDelete